If you are thinking of shifting from Conventional fruits and vegetables to Organic ones, you may be shocked to know that the stinking rate of organic fruits and vegetables is faster as compared to conventional foods. So what does it mean? Is organic food Bad?
A Big No!
Organic fruits and vegetables are grown without the use of harmful chemicals and pesticides, they are full of natural antioxidants, so it is very important to store them in a proper place so that they can retain their natural freshness and taste.
There is no single way to store all the fresh organic produce. Either it is organic fruit or vegetable, each one required a different kind of treatment to keep its natural essence. Root vegetables like carrots, onion, turnip, garlic, etc required different ways to store if compared with fresh greens like spinach, cabbage, lettuce, etc.
Together with this, storing some vegetables and fruits together may harm or may affect each other and shorten their life.
So it always remains confusing on how to store organic fruits and vegetables so that they will not spoil and keep their freshness for a longer time.
In this blog, we will tell you how you can store your organic produce so as to maintain its freshness and taste for maximum days.
Let’s get started.
Keep your leafy greens in a plastic bag to retain their moisture at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit. Greens like Spring mix, lettuce, and Spinach can last up to 7 days if stored at a cool temperature. Cabbage can last for months if kept at the proper temperature (cool).
- Onions – Onions remain fresh when storing in a cool dark place before placing them. Remove the foliage from the onion bulb and place them in a dry place. Don’t place them in bowls as they need proper air circulation.
- Carrot – Remove the soil, and store in an open container in a refrigerator. Keep them moist to maintain their crispiness.
- Potatoes – You can put them in the basket, bowl, and paper bags, and store them in a cool dry place. Don’t forget to remove the soil from the potatoes.
- Garlic – Remove the soil, then store garlic in a cool and dry place. You can store garlic bulbs in a basket or bowls.
We provides fresh organic vegetables in bulk quantities, for your restaurant, hotels, hostels and office parties, if you want to check out our quality produce, click here
- Apple – You must store apples away from other fruits as they produce ethylene gas. You can store them in a refrigerator for 7 to 10 days, and 5 to 7 days on a counter.
- Berries – All the berries are very delicate. They are blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Don’t wash them until you eat them, and keep them in cool and dry-covered containers.
- Citrus fruit – You can extend the life of Oranges, Lemons, and Limes by storing them in a refrigerator in the mesh bag.
- Tomatoes – Store tomatoes at room temperature in Bowl. Avoid putting them either in the refrigerator or in direct sunlight.
- Bananas – Keep them at room temperature.
We at Freshji.in never compromise with the quality of organic fruits and always serve best to our clients, click here for bulk orders.
You can extend the shelf life of whole grains by storing them in a freezer, pantry, or refrigerator. Don’t forget to keep them in a sealed bag and container to get the fresh taste of your ground flour for months to years. You should store them in the freezer and always use resealable bags and containers.
- Whole grains which are used more often should be stored at room temperature (wheat berries, quinoa, brown rice, etc.)
- Whole grains which are used once or twice a month, store them in a refrigerator or freezer.
- Whole wheat flour, oat flour, cereals, cracked / split grains, should be stored in a refrigerator or freezer.
- Refined grains, white flour, white rice, cracked / split grains which are used once or twice a month, should be stored at room temperature.
We have a wide range of authentic and pure food grains, you can online place your bulk order for your restaurant and hotel.
- The best way to store or preserve meat is to put it into the refrigerator, without losing its flavor and compactness for 7 to 8 days.
- Before storing it in the refrigerator, remove its packaging, dry it and place it in an enclosed container.
- During cooking, take it out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before.
- Always keep the meat where the temperature is low, it reduces the proliferation of bacterias present in the meat.
- If you want to store meat for a longer time, place it in the freezer using sealed glass containers or you can also use vacuum packaging especially available for packing meat these days.
Place order to get the taste of chemical free meat for your party.
Keeping organic fruits and vegetables in proper storage is the primary key to maintain the freshness and taste of the food. By following our tips you can extend the life of your organic fruits and vegetables.
As organic produce is free from pesticides and chemicals, their tendency to lose freshness is on the higher side, but the tips we have given in this blog will help you to make them fresh, even for a longer period.
If you are thinking to buy fresh organic fruits and vegetables in bulk, and your local grocer is not able to fulfill your requirements, contact us at freshji.in or visit our website, we are the biggest wholesaler and supplier of organic fruits and vegetables in Kolkata we are always here to fulfill your orders and ship fresh and organic fruits and vegetables online and right to your door.